Welcome to my blog, Sweet Grass and Lattes!

There are two smells on this earth I could never be tired of - sweet grass in the summer sun and lattes.







Friday, February 4, 2011

In the Beginning

In the begining it was just the four of us, well, at least in my beginning. Mom, Dad, my sister, and me (est. 1980)
I climbed tall trees, played with frogs, chased after snakes, and knew I wanted to be exactly like my sister when I grew up. I listened to whatever my parents let me (except them)...Sesame Street, Handel's Messiah, Holst's The Planets, and Carly Simon and Harry Chapin.
Some people don't know what it's like to grow up in a family that's filled with love. I do. I can sum up my love for my father, and his love for me in one photograph.
To some people, it's just a photo.
But to me, it's so much more.
I miss him every day...
So to celebrate my love for my childhood, I always play one great song....

Rubber Duckie, you're the one. You make my bathtime lots of fun.
Rubber Duckie I'm awfully fond of you.
Boo-doop-do-do.
Rubber Duckie, joy of joys! When I squeeze you you make noise!
Rubber Duckie you're my very best friend it's true.
Every day when I make my way to the tubbie
I find a fella who's cute and yellow and chubby!
Rub-a-dub-dubby!

(Jeff Moss, part of the song Rubber Duckie, Written for Sesame Street)





1 comment:

  1. Wow what a great story! You are a beautiful writer. I too have been blessed with a very loving family and I appreciate it more and more everyday.

    ReplyDelete